Veterinary acupuncture is the practice of performing acupuncture on animals. It is a form of traditional Chinese veterinary medicine (TCVM) and has been in practice for thousands of years. Traditionally, TCVM was performed on agricultural animals but in recent times, it has been used increasingly on family pets.
- Broad Applications – Acupuncture is useful for rheumatism, arthritis and pain. In fact, acupuncture can also unblock the meridians and regulate the blood & “qi” circulation.
- No Side Effects – Medication will more or less have side effects. Acupuncture on the other hand has no side effects if applied properly.
- Treatment Efficacy – Acupuncture produces desired results rapidly. Particularly when used for coma or shock cases by placing the needles at “ren zhong” and “shan zhong” points.
Some diseases that can be cured by Acupuncture
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Lower urinary tract disorders
- Respiratory tract disorders
- Skin disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Geriatric conditions
- Immune disorders
- Nervous system imbalance
- Gastrointestinal disorders